Application deadline extended to April 30, 2017 at 11:59pm
SLC Program Assistant Role:
- Have been to SLC or other 4-H leadership conferences
- Are now at least 19 years old
- Want meaningful ways to stay involved in the program
- REALLY like mentoring youth members
- Enjoy leading group discussions and sharing your positive experiences with the delegates
...Then this is the opportunity for you!
SLC Program assistants will have a crucial role in the youth delegates experience. The Program Assistant role helps SLC delegates to have the most amazing leadership experience possible. This role has a selection process.
To learn more about SLC 2017, visit: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/SLC/
Program Assistant Responsibilities:
- Participate in Program Assistant Orientation Webinar.
- Program Assistant will be assigned a group of youth.
- Lead meaningful discussions and encourage self reflection during assigned times with your group.
- Attend tours as assigned.
- Attend educational sessions as assigned and promote full participation and growth experiences. Also, assist the Chaperones in handling behavior and emergency situations that may arise in the assigned sessions.
- Attend assemblies and recreation events and serve in assigned locations with specific tasks, as needed to create safety, respond in an emergency and coach youth to make good choices.
The 2017 SLC Program Assistants will be selected by the PA Coordinators, with the approval of the SLC Planning Committee.
Lodging and meals are included for selected Program Assistants. Travel to and from the conference and any incidentals are the responsibility of the individual.