550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit and Nut Crop - General
- Nut Crops
- Soil and Land
- Plant Genome, Genetics, and Genetic Mechanisms
- Plant Biological Efficiency and Abiotic Stresses Affecting Plants
- Basic Plant Biology
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Management of Saline and Sodic Soils and Salinity
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Dafis User
- Social Learning in Agriculture and Food Systems
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Sustainable Food Systems
Nouri, M. T., D.P. Lawrence, L.A. Holland, D.A. Doll, C.E. Kallsen, C.M. Culumber, and F.P. Trouillas 2019. Identification and pathogenicity of fungal species associated with canker diseases of pistachio in California. Plant Disease. 10.1094/PDIS-10-18-1717-RE.
- Culumber C.M., J.R. Reeve (2019). Organic Orchard Floor Management Impact on Soil Quality Indicators: Nutrient Fluxes, Microbial Biomass and Activity. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems.
- Browne B., N. Ott (2018). Anaerobic soil disinfestation as an alternative to soil fumigation for management of Prunus replant disease: effects on tree growth and yield. Acta Horticulturae. 1219, 287-294.
- Nouri, M.T. (2018). First report of Macrophomina phaseolina causing trunk and cordon canker disease of Grapevine in the United States. Plant Disease.
- Doll, D. (2018). The evaluation of winter kaolin clay and dormant oil applications on chill accumulation and yield in the California pistachio ( Pistacia vera ) cultivars ‘Kerman’ and ‘Peters’. Acta Horticulturae. 111-118.
- Holtz B., G. Browne (2018). Whole almond orchard recycling and the effect on second generation tree growth, yield, light interception, and fertility. Acta Horticulturae.
Tebeau, A.S., D.G. Alston, C.V. Ransom, B.L. Black, J.R. Reeve, and C.M. Culumber. 2017. Effects of Floor Vegetation and Fertility Management on Weed Biomass and Diversity in Peach Orchards. Weed Technology, 31: 404-415
Reeve, J.R. C.M. Culumber, B.L. Black, A.S. Tebeau, C.V. Ransom, D.G. Alston, M.A. Rowley, and T. Linstrom. 2017. Establishing peach trees for organic production in Utah and the Intermountain West. Scientia Horticulturae 214, 242–251
Culumber, C.M., S.R. Larson, T.A. Jones, and K.B. Jensen. 2013. Wide-scale Population Sampling Identifies Three Phylogenetic Races of Leymus cinereus and Low-level Genetic Admixture with Leymus triticoides. Crop Science. 53: 996-1007.
Culumber C.M., S.R. Larson, K.B. Jensen, and T.A. Jones. 2011. Genetic Structure of Eurasian and North American Leymus (Triticeae) Wildryes Assessed by Chloroplast DNA Sequences and AFLP Profiles. Plant Systematics and Evolution. 294: 207-225.
Larson S.R., C.M. Culumber, R.N. Schweigert, and J.R. Chatterton 2010. Species Delimitation Tests of Endemic Lepidium papilliferum and Identification of Other Possible Evolutionarily Significant Units in the Lepidium montanum Complex (Brassicaceae) of Western North America. Conservation Genetics 11: 57-76
- Fichtner, E.J. (2018). Distribution of Chlorosis in Almond Orchards. West Coast Nut. August.
- Culumber, Mae (2018). Fall and Winter Irrigation Management for Nut Crops. West Coast Nut. 10-14. November.
Thomsen, E.O., C.M Culumber, J.R. Reeve, G. Cardon, D. Alston, B.L. Black and C.V. Ransom. Strategies for managing soil fertility and health in organic orchards – A fact sheet. Extension, Utah State University. Horticulture/Orchards/2018-01.
Culumber, Mae (2017). Preventing orchard establishment and management pitfalls with online tools.
- Culumber, C.M. (2016). Soil nutrient cycling and water use in response to orchard floor management in stone-fruit orchards in the Intermountain West. Logan, UT, Utah State University Digital Commons. 5030, 233.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Agroecology and Organic Farming Systems - Member
- Almond - Member
- Climate Change Adaptation - Member
- Walnut - Member