253 W. PINE ST
EXETER, CA 93221
Lindcove Research & Extension Center call for Research Proposals 2022-2023
Lindcove Research & Extension Center (LREC), located in the foothills of Tulare County, has land, labor, and facilities available for 2022-2023 research projects. The Research Advisory Committee reviews proposals and projects are evaluated based on scientific merit and regional need. While LREC is primarily a citrus research center, avocado, and walnut trees are also grown here, and other crops are welcome.
Open ground available for planting:
- Field 81E .45 acres
Citrus orchards available for research:
- Cutter Valencia on C35 rootstock (Field 21) 4.10 acres, planted 1992
- Parent Navel on C-35 rootstock (Field 22) 4.10 acres, planted 1992
- Washington Navel on Troyer rootstock (field 93) 4.5 acres, planted 1983
- Valencia strains on mixed rootstock (Field 11S), 1.94 acres, planted 1993
- Tango Mandarin on Carrizo rootstock (Field 42W) 2.15 acres planted 2019
- Mixed Citrus, (Field 53E) .50 acres
- Mixed Citrus, (Field 64C) .71 acres
- Mixed Clementine’s on Carrizo rootstock (Field 73N) 1.72 acres planted 2004
- Lemons on unknown rootstock (Field 82E) 1.15 acres
Facilities and Support staff:
The electronic fruit grading system in the packline provides individual fruit data including weight, size, volume, number, scarring, texture, Brix and color. The packline also has a high-pressure fruit washer, waxer and dryer. Three cold storage rooms that hold 60 fruit bins each, walk-in cold boxes, and de-greening rooms have the capability for ethylene gassing. The Fruit Quality Evaluation Laboratory is capable of evaluating rind thickness, granulation, texture, puff and crease, juice weights, Brix, sugar/acid ratio and the California standard. A Staff Research Associate located at the Center is available to provide field and laboratory data collection.
Proposals are due May 20, 2022. To submit a proposal, go to the UC LREC website http://lrec.ucanr.edu/, click on the’ ‘research’ tab, then the ‘submitting a proposal’ tab, then the ‘Proposal management’ tab. Detailed instructions of how to submit a proposal can be downloaded using the ‘User Guide’ link on the RAC project management page.
If you have any questions regarding Research contact Ashraf El-Kereamy, Director · 559-592-2408 Ext 1154 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding Land, Labor & Facilities contact Kurt Schmidt, Superintendent · 559-592-2408 Ext 1153 · E-mail: email@example.com.
For information on submission of proposals contact Jasmin Del Toro, Business Officer,
559-592-2408 Ext 1151 ? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.