The University of California Office of the President invites comments on the proposed updates to the existing Presidential Policy on Sustainable Practices. The proposed revisions address the following key issues:
- Green Building Design: The updates to this policy section align with industry practice by providing an option for building design teams to further customize their use of energy efficiency performance targets for laboratory buildings. The updates also specify a reporting procedure for the existing policy requirement for energy efficient new buildings.
- Climate Protection: First, this policy section is revised to add criteria addressing concerns around the quality of potential carbon...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on proposed revisions to the Presidential Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. The proposed revisions are to: (i) comply with a new state law, Senate Bill (SB) 493, and (ii) better account for Prohibited Conduct in the clinical setting.
Senate Bill 493. UC must comply with SB 493 by January 1, 2022. The legislation was authored by former Senator Jackson of Santa Barbara and sponsored by Equal Rights Advocates and the Women's Foundation of California. It was motivated largely by concerns, which UC shares, about potential adverse effects of the U.S. Department of Education's 2020 amendments to the federal Title IX...
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy - Fee Policy for Graduate Student In Absentia Registration. The policy is proposed to be revised and includes the following key issues:
- The revisions to the policy language would permit Deans to establish “a local campus region within which in absentia registration will not be considered” instead of limiting eligibility to students studying outside of California.
The proposed policy is posted at
Employee comment: Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Awards
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy on Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Awards.
The University has seen a significant increase in external support in the recent decade – especially from private foundations (including family foundations) and corporations. Though key concepts remain the same, the proposed policy provides greater clarity for properly classifying private support in contemporary circumstances. It also includes definitions, FAQs and a...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed revision to Presidential Policy UC-PS-20-0489-BUS-43 Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management. The proposed revision is to include the Small Business First Program.
The Small Business First Program is designed to address the following:
- Support existing policy for awarding 25% Economically and Socially Responsible (EaSR) spend annually to small and diverse-owned businesses (see UC Sustainable Practices Policy)
- Take advantage of California Public Contract Code Section...