- Author: Susana C. Bruzzone-Miller, RDN
Today, we turn our focus to local and global food systems.
There are many sources of energy found on, and in the earth.
- What is renewable energy?
- What is non-renewable energy?
- What are the different forms of energy?
- Investigating solar and wind energy
Water is one of the most important natural resources our planet provides. If Earth is about 71% water....then why are we caught short? So much to ponder on Day 3-Water!
- Where on Earth is the water?
- How do plants use water?
- Efficient water transport-is it necessary?
- What is a water treatment system?
- How can we conserve water?
Enthusiatic campers returned for Day 2 which posed questions about Food!
- What is local food?
- What is a food mile?
- Why is buying local food important?
Campers also learned about product packaging and discussed how to make informed choices about packaging. Rounding out food day were other hands-on activities-harvesting farm fresh carrots and blood oranges, making orange juice for snack time, building garden boxes, and planting lettuce seeds to take home.