- Author: Karen Giovannini
North Bay iHub announces the first annual North Bay Innovation Week highlighting innovation in the North Bay the week of Sept 15 – 19 2014. A Relationship & Information Conference for Entrepreneurs – dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs through a free, crowd-sourced, decentralized conference in the North Bay Tri counties, in which entrepreneurs connect and exchange ideas that inspire the entrepreneurial & innovative spirit, featuring a format that is hands-on and all about high-energy, sharing ideas, connecting with new people and stoking the fires of new possibilities.
Goals of the week-long conference will be to showcase the breadth and depth of North Bay organizations that stimulate innovation & entrepreneurship. Also to raise awareness of North Bay iHub as the umbrella organization that fosters collaboration between partners who offer education, mentoring, services and funds to entrepreneurs.
Wednesday's topic is Food System Innovation: Economic Development Marketing and is presented by Go Local, UC Cooperative Extension, CAFF (Community Alliance with Family Farmers) and Sonoma County Department of Health Services. There are two FREE events on September 17 with the same speakers at both events:
- South/Morning session: The Hatchery, 5701 Old Redwood Hwy, Penngrove – 10-11:15am
Register for the FREE morning session
- North/Evening session: The Shed, 25 North Street, Healdsburg – 5:30-6:15pm
Register for the FREE evening session
- Kenny Belov, TwoXSea (sustainable seafood company)
- Evan Wiig, Farmer's Guild (farmers thinking inside the row)
- Heather Granahan, CAFF (innovative opportunity seeking entrepreneurs)
- Terry Garrett, GO LOCAL (Made Local Magazine publisher)