- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
Nomination applications are being accepted for the ANR Staff Appreciation and Recognition (STAR) Program through May 16.
The purpose of the STAR program is to recognize and reward outstanding staff individual and/or team performance within the Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Under the STAR plan, managers are able to recognize, acknowledge and reward employees for exceptional performance and/or significant contributions related to and supportive of individual, departmental, divisional, and/or organizational goals and objectives. Managers may acknowledge and reward individuals and teams demonstrating:
- Exceptional performance: Demonstrated and sustained exceptional performance that consistently exceeds goals and work expectations in quantity and/or quality.
- Creativity: One-time innovation or creation that results in time or dollar savings, revenue enhancement and productivity improvement; and/or ongoing innovative/creative activities that benefit organizational systems, protocols and/or procedures.
- Organizational abilities: Exhibiting extraordinary skills in leadership resulting in the accomplishment of significant departmental or divisional goals and objectives; effective project management, which could include developing a project and/or implementing a project with substantial success; and/or demonstrating organizational capability leading to a greater level of effectiveness.
- Work success: Significantly exceeding productivity, customer service, quality of care or similar goals, including demonstrating superior interactions with managers, peers, supervisors, subordinates, the University community and/or clients and customers served.
- Teamwork: For team awards, the following criteria, plus the criterion above, will be considered. Acting as an exceptionally effective and cooperative team member or team leader for a team that has significantly exceeded the goals/objectives of the department/unit.
May 16, 2014, is the deadline for nominations. Directors and managers have the nomination forms. Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
An appointed review committee will review applications and select up to 20 individuals and two teams to recommend for awards. VP Barbara Allen-Diaz will make the final selections and unit directors and candidates selected for awards will be notified by July 1.