- Author: Susana C. Bruzzone-Miller
Ready for Spring planting in your school garden? Why garden with youth?
- Reduce risk of overweight/obesity
- Encourages consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables
Community and Social Development
- Increases self-esteem
- Develops sense of ownership and responsibility
- Foster relationships with family and community members
Environmental and Agricultural Literacy
- Demonstrate more concern and willingness to care for living things
- Know where their food comes from
Increased academic performance
- Increase in positive attitudes towards learning in general
- Increase GPA in math and science
Seedlings are available courtesy of HAREC education programs and the wonderful Master Gardeners that propagate them on site. Spring seedlings are available, while they last, on a first come basis to Ventura County teachers and garden educators. Contact the Center at email@example.com.