The Environmental Horticulture Program Team will meet April 18-19 and the Pest Management Program Team will meet June 13-15.
Anyone (including ANR and non-ANR personnel) who wishes to participate is welcome to attend the program team meetings. Travel funds are available for ANR personnel.
From noon on April 18 to 3 p.m. on April 19, the Environmental Horticulture Program Team and the
Landscape and Urban Horticulture Work Group and the Floriculture and Nursery Work Group will meet at the UCCE Ventura County office at 669 County Square Dr., Suite 100, in Ventura.
Register for the Environmental Horticulture Program Team meeting and see the draft agenda at http://bit.ly/1X4WtfV. For information about logistics, contact Program Support Unit or Saundra Wais at (530) 750-1260. For questions about the program, contact Janet Hartin at (951) 313-2023.
From June 13 to 15, the Pest Management Program Team will meet at the
ANR Building at 2801 Second St. in Davis.
Objectives for this Pest Management Program Team meeting are to
- Provide opportunities for work groups to meet. Work groups may want to discuss academic position proposals submitted before May 2 and how to organize stakeholders around proposals to demonstrate need and support for positions. Other priorities may be work group specific.
- Provide meaningful and timely professional development opportunities for program team members.
- Provide opportunities to identify new collaborations and to continue ongoing partnerships in collaborative research and outreach activities associated with pest management in ANR.
- Discuss, within a formal and facilitated environment, timely and/or controversial programmatic, organizational or disciplinary topics. Topics to be determined.
- Learn about recent and ongoing programmatic successes in collaborative research and extension activities from our members.
- Prepare for ANR's future (What dreams may come?) as a cohesive and united group.
Register for the Pest Management Program Team meeting and see the draft agenda at http://bit.ly/1qn8cf9. For information about logistics, contact Program Support Unit, Alex Zabelin at (530) 750-1259, or Sherry Cooper at (530) 750-1256. For questions about the program, contact Andrew Sutherland at (510) 670-5624.