Often UC ANR is called upon to both maintain traditional program areas while at the same time address emerging challenges for the state. These challenges are complex, often with no immediate solution, but unmet they have the potential for severe unintended consequences. UC ANR personnel respond to these growing needs with a finite amount of time and resources. The purpose of Goal 5 of the UC ANR Strategic Plan is to assess both current and future needs, strengths and impacts of our work, then align our efforts such that we are positioned to achieve the 2025 Strategic Vision.
Associate Vice President Wendy Powers will be holding five regional information sessions throughout California during late July and early August to talk about Goal 5 of ANR's Strategic Plan, which involves conducting a process to align programs and services with the 2025 Strategic Vision. Powers will be joined by Raj Kapur, the consultant and facilitator who will lead UC ANR through the process, Jan Corlett, and Vice Provost Mark Bell.
Each session will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will include lunch. From 10 a.m. to noon, the topic will be Goal 5 of the strategic plan, plans and approach being used, as well as current status of the work. Anyone wishing to stay after lunch and visit with the Goal 5 team is welcome to do so. There will not be an option to join the information sessions remotely, however a recorded webinar will be available to view in advance of the five in-person information sessions (details below).
The dates and locations of each session are shown below. If you plan to attend a Regional Information Session, please register using the link below.
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – South Region Information Session at the UCCE San Diego Office, 9335 Hazard Way, Suite 201, San Diego, CA 92123
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 – Coast Region Information Session at the UCCE San Luis Obispo Office, 2156 Sierra Way, Suite C, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Friday, July 28, 2017 – Central Valley Region Information Session at the Kearney REC, 9240 South Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017 – North Region Information Session at the Redding City Hall Community Room, 777 Cypress Ave, Redding, CA 96001
- Friday, Aug. 4, 2017 – Sacramento Region Information Session at the Davis ANR Building, 2801 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95618
Please register here: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20857.
In addition to the above sessions, there will be a Zoom webinar meeting at the date, time and location indicated below. This meeting will be recorded.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017, from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Join by Zoom at https://ucanr.zoom.us/j/369866693
- Join audio by phone at +1 408 638 0968 | Meeting ID: 369 866 693
- Limited space will be available to join in person in the Davis ANR Building in the Coast Room
View or leave comments for ANR Leadership at http://ucanr.edu/sites/ANRUpdate/Comments.
This announcement is also posted and archived on the ANR Update pages./span>