- Author: Tammy Majcherek
Following a quick welcome and brief description of the REC and UC ANR System given by Tammy Majcherek, Michelle Harris, EFNEP Youth Program, assisted with introducing the proper way to wash hands and to prevent germs around surfaces where food may come in contact.
All of the youth had great fun with the interactive hand washing activity:
- (4) Students Apply Glo Germ, wash with wipes, gel, soap, water – with no additional instructions other than previously provided.
- Additional student asked to come up (The Inspector Germ), went with the group to assist with black light to inspect for ‘germs'
- Polled audience for most clean/dirty while others were washing.
- Line up the (4) up – audience announced their choice.
- Inspector Germ announced his findings:
Cleanest – Soap and Water; 2nd – Water; 3rd – Gel
4th – Wipes (kids got a kick out of how it just spread everything.)
The parents were amazed to see the amount of ‘germs' left when they inspected the kids' hands especially around the nail beds.
With wonderful weather and the smell of citrus in the air, a great time was had by all.