- Author: Chris M. Webb
The US Forest Service has a wealth of information, including a section titled Just for Kids. It is a great place for students, parents and teachers to find youth-orientated information about natural resources and the environment. Many of these fun and educational materials can be downloaded or ordered for free. Some examples include:
- Discover the Forest, designed to share what is available in our parks, including a great place to learn and be physically active.
- Backyard conservation for learning how to do our part to improve natural resources.
- Kids’ Science Page introduces and encourages the joy of learning. Also a great place to explore careers in science.
- Natural Inquirer is a science education journal written to share research conducted by USDA Forest Service scientists.
- Nature Watch is a collection of photos, live video cams, educational programs and resources.