- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
UCANR California Rice Virtual Field Day
When: August 26, 2020, 1:00-3:00 PM
Where: Online Zoom Webinar
Host: Whitney Brim DeForest, UC ANR County Director, Sutter-Yuba Counties and CE Rice and Wild Rice Advisor
Objectives/goals: The UC Cooperative Extension and California Rice Research Station will update attendees in the areas of variety development, disease and arthropod management, weed control, weedy rice, and fertility.
The full agenda can be viewed here.
Who should attend: California rice growers, Pest Control Advisers, and others interested in California rice production systems.
Continuing education units: Applied for 1 CEU from the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) and applied for 1 CEU from Certified Crop Adviser (CCA)
- Russell Rasmussen, Associate Director, California Rice Experiment Station, California Cooperative Rice Research Foundation
- Bruce Linquist, CE Specialist, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis
- Kassim Al-Khatib, CE Specialist, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis
- Whitney Brim-DeForest, CE Rice and Wild Rice Advisor & County Director, Sutter-Yuba Counties
- Luis Espino, CE Rice Farming Systems Advisor & County Director, Butte County
- Ian Grettenberger, CE Assistant Specialist, Dept. of Entomology, UC Davis
- Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, CE Farm Advisor, San Joaquin County
Contacts for more information:
- Logistics and registration: Rachel Palmer, ANR Program Support Unit, (530) 750-1361
- Course content:Whitney Brim-DeForest, UC ANR County Director, Sutter-Yuba Counties and CE Rice and Wild Rice Advisor
This field day is open to the public. Please share broadly to those who may be interested in attending.
THIS EVENT WILL BE RECORDED FOR EDUCATIONAL OR PROMOTIONAL USE BY THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA. CONTACT THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS EVENT FOR MORE INFORMATION.