- Author: Chris M. Webb
As budgets in most sectors continue to shrink, UC Davis Extension’s upcoming Managing Low-Budget Sports Fields workshop will give turf managers solid, science-based information to effectively manage high-traffic turf facilities on a limited budget.
- Designing an effective sports turf maintenance program
- Grasses for sports turf: species, mixtures and blends
- Sports field seeding: sodding, overseeding and renovation
- Sports field irrigation management
- Sports field fertilization, mowing, compaction and thatch management
- Managing weeds and pests for sports fields
In addition to sports turf managers, knowledge from this course can benefit: school grounds managers, municipal parks and recreation site managers, cemetery turf managers, horticultural consultants, pest control advisors, turf seed and sod suppliers.
PCA and CCA credit hours are available. Further information about this educational opportunity can be found here.