At UC ANR, we make recommendations based on science. Our intent is not to convince people to get vaccinated, but to present information to help them make informed decisions.
We have collected resources to help you promote health and wellness during the pandemic such as reference links, PowerPoint slides and suggested messaging for email signatures. Some examples are at https://ucanr.edu/sites/safety/files/345583.pdf.
Below are some facts and resources about COVID-19.
Myths and Facts (UC Davis)
Fact Check: Are there microchips in vaccines? No.
Fact Check: Is there a sterility risk? No.
Fact Check: Are there fetal cells in vaccines? No.
Fact Check: Were vaccines developed too fast to be safe? No.
Join these famous people in being vaccinated:
- President Joe Biden
- Vice President Kamala Harris
- Former President George Bush
- Former Vice President Mike Pence
- Journalist Stephanie Elam
- Dr. Anthony Fauci
- UN Secretary-General António Guterres
- Former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Celebrity Martha Stewart
More on why vaccination is safe and important:
- Sadly, Jan. 21, 2021 was the day when the COVID death toll in the U.S. reached, and then exceeded, the 405,399 Americans who died in World War II. On Feb. 22, deaths in the U.S. due to COVID-19 passed 500,000.
- While many are concerned about the vaccines, even back in December, communities were growing in confidence that the vaccine is safe. By December 2020, numbers intending to get the vaccine had already grown to above 60%. (Pew Research December 2020)
- Centers for Disease Control: How to Protect Yourself and Others
- California Department of Public Health Covid guidance (CDPH)
- Make vaccination appointments, check your eligibility, or sign up for alerts at https://myturn.ca.gov/
- For more links and resources, see COVID-19 Vaccines