- Author: Vonny M. Barlow
- Author: Pete Goodell
Announcing the upcoming Alfalfa Integrated Pest Management Workshop to be held Friday, February 22, 2013 at the UC Riverside Palm Desert Center. This workshop builds on the success of the 2009 Hands-on Diagnostic Workshop in Sparks NV and 2010 Managing Pests While Protecting the Environment Workshop at Kearney Ag Center. Using a similar approach, we will provide ample time for interaction between participants and the presenters and offer a well-rounded experience with lecture and hands-on activities.
Who Should Attend: Pest Control Advisors, IPM Professionals, Alfalfa Producers and Managers, and Extension Professionals.
Cost: Early Registration–$65 (until Feb. 8), Regular Registration–$80 (until Feb. 21), On-Site Registration–$100.
- To provide a venue for training and an opportunity for interchange on current Integrated Pest Management knowledge, practices and approaches in alfalfa forage.
- To bring alfalfa producers and pest managers together with experts in entomology, plant pathology, nematology and production.
- To review current IPM knowledge and practices in these disciplines.
- To provide the opportunity for interaction among participants in order to share best management approaches and identify key IPM issues.
- To explore emerging and current regulatory and environmental issues as they relate to IPM in alfalfa.
We have only limited space available for this workshop so early registration is preferable. To access the workshop directly for registration information please go here, http://ucanr.edu/sites/alfalfaIPMworkshop/.