- Author: Alexandra Stefancich
- Contributor: Emily Baumstinger
This month, Sierra Foothill REC recognized and congratulated two of our staff members on reaching new service milestones. Martin Beaton has given 40 years and Abraham Mendoza has given 25 years of service to SFREC. Their dedication to the important work they have provided over the years has supported and made possible numerous research and outreach projects critical to rangeland and natural resource management.
Thank you for all you've done & continue to do, Martin & Abraham!
- Author: Emily Baumstinger
UC Sierra Foothill REC is hosting a community workshop & field demonstration event where The Silver Lab at UC Berkeley will discuss results from a long-term (10 year) compost addition trial on foothill rangeland and observed benefits for forage quality, quantity, and soil health characteristics.
At this event, researchers will also be spreading compost for a new project supported by the 2017 Healthy Soils Demonstration Project and funded by Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds and part of California Climate Investments.
- Demonstrate application of green waste and food waste compost
- Examine impacts of compost addition on forage production and quality
- Discuss how compost addition can improve rangeland soil properties
- Explore sourcing and applying compost at an operational scale
- Review cost/benefits and incentives
All are welcome to attend - Get more info by calling 530-639-8800 or emailing Jeremy James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Time: 10am – 12pm
Location: 8279 Scott Forbes Rd. Browns Valley, CA