California Invasive Species Action Week!
The 10th annual California Invasive Species Action Week (CISAW) will kick off Saturday June 3rd and runs to Sunday June 11th. This week is designed to raise awareness and encourage public participation in the ongoing fight against invasive species. These invaders are non-native plants, animals, or pathogens that can negatively impact our waters, native ecosystems, agriculture, health, and economy.
You can participate during Action Week and all year long by doing the following:
- Check out UC IPM's previous blog posts on invasive species.
- Burn firewood where you buy it. Do not move firewood to different counties. Visit the California Firewood Task Force website for more information.
- Find out if there's a pest quarantine in your area and what you can do to minimize spread from the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
- Don't plant invasive species and when possible, try to plant California natives. Visit the PlantRight website for more information on plant selection.
- Report invasive species to your local County Agricultural Commissioner.Contact information for your location can be found at the California Department of Agriculture County/State Liaison page.
- View the full schedule of events for Action Week at the California Invasive Species Action Week website.
Help us observe Invasive Species Action Week and the fight against invasive species!