Fair APRs & YQCA
To Participate in Fairs there are a few protocols to follow*
Annual Project Reports (APRs)
APR forms (livestock projects and all other projects) along with the list by project must be turned in to the County office.
APRs are Due to County Office at the end of April.
APRs must be:
- Turned in by club – not by individuals or by individual project
- Fully filled out by 4-H Youth Member (fully actively enrolled)
- Signed by actively enrolled Project Leader (not Community Club Leader)
- Sorted by project
- With List – must be on form sent to leaders (not hand written)form
- If you submitted paper work to crossover to another club, you will need the signature of that project leader
YQCA Scholarships will be issued based on the APR lists after verification of active enrollment, each coupon will have the individual member's name on it.
“Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is a national multi-species quality assurance program for youth ages 9 to 19 with a focus on three core pillars: food safety, animal well-being, and character development.
YQCA certification is being accepted by many livestock shows and fairs that require youth quality assurance certification. View the list here but always check the entry requirements of each show for complete details.
YQCA includes information for youth showing the following food animals:”
- Beef Cattle
- Dairy Cattle
- Market Rabbits
For Project Leaders and parents that are not familiar with “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals you can go to the website: https://yqcaprogram.org/. You can also ask your Community Club Leader or other experienced livestock project leaders.
*No endorsement of these fairs is granted or implied by 4-H.