In-Person ORB Training
Your county staff can schedule an ORB Internet Cafe, which is hands-on training with the ORB system. This 3-hour workshop combines presentation, hands-on practice and group discussion. This training is designed for staff, youth, and volunteers.
The following topics will be covered:[i]
Overview of the Features & Functions in ORB (Record Book, Social Media, Evaluation)
- Navigating the forms in ORB (PDR, APR, 4-H Story)
- Project & Club Leader Functions and Approving Forms
- Maximizing your ORB experience—How to use ORB to be efficient and save time (Print Feature, Expression Pages, Collection of 4-H Works etc.)
[i] Logging into ORB will not be covered in this training, please work with your county office prior to the training to secure your login information for ORB if you currently have not accessed the system
What do you get from ORB Training?
- Comprehensive Instruction on how to successfully use the 4-H Online Record Book.
- Individualized help with your particular ORB challenges.
- After the training, your county will receive some fake ORB accounts to allow youth and adult volunteers to "play" in the system and figure out how to navigate it (it also give adults the opportunity to see what youth see).
In-Person ORB Training
Here’s what’s involved in bringing this training to your county or counties:
The following requirements to receive ORB training are to be completed by the county office. If you are a volunteer or youth member that would like to bring this training to your county, please contact your county office.
- A meeting/conference room with tables & chairs for each participant
- Wireless access for all participants in the meeting/conference room
- Attendees must bring their own laptop
- A commitment on the part of the county/counties to cover the cost of travel/lodging for trainer
- Filling out the “Request for ORB Internet Café Training”
ORB TRAINING ACCOUNTS
Counties who have had an ORB Training Cafe receive training accounts to practice using ORB in their counties.
On July 1st of each year, training accounts will need to be re-activated for the new program year. Your county program representative must email ANRCA4HOrb@ucanr.edu with the subject COUNTY TRAINING ACCOUNT RENEWAL to reactivate your training account.
Counties that have training accounts:
- Contra Costa
- Plumas Sierra
- San Joaquin
- San Luis Obispo
- San Mateo – San Francisco
- Santa Barbara