Develop your leadership skills by becoming a PA!
- Have attended the State Leadership Conference (SLC) or other 4-H leadership conferences
- Will be enrolled as an adult volunteer by July 1, 2019
- Want meaningful ways to stay involved in the program
- REALLY like mentoring youth members
- Enjoy leading group discussions and sharing your positive experiences with the delegates
...Then this is the opportunity for you!
SLC Program Assistants (PAs) will have a crucial role in the youth delegates experience. The Program Assistant role helps SLC delegates to have the most amazing leadership experience possible. This role has a selection process.
Program Assistant Responsibilities
- Participate in PA Orientation Webinar
- Program Assistant will be assigned a group of youth
- Lead meaningful discussions and encourage self reflection during assigned times with your group
- Attend tours as assigned
- Attend educational sessions as assigned and promote full participation and growth experiences
- Assist the Chaperones in handling behavior and emergency situations that may arise at the conference
- Attend assemblies and recreation events and serve in assigned locations with specific tasks, as needed to create safety, respond in an emergency and coach youth to make good choices
Meet the 2019 State Leadership Conference Program Assistants!
New Program Assistants
Arrive by 3:00 PM, Wednesday, July 17 for PA Orientation.
Returning Program Assistants
Arrive by 11:00 AM, Thursday, July 18 OR (if you absolutely cannot arrive on Thursday) by 11:00 AM on Friday, July 19.
All PAs are encouraged to carpool or get dropped off on campus! Parking on campus is neither easy nor cheap, and our large staff team is only allotted a small number of parking permits.