Amador County Ambassador Team
A County Ambassador is the representative and champion of the 4-H program in the county. The goal of the county Ambassador program is to recognize the achievements of active 4-H members and to offer additional resources and opportunities for leadership, career and life planning.
- To help plan and serve as Master of Ceremonies at all Amador County 4-H events, and be willing to serve at county-wide functions i.e. club achievement nights etc.
- Be an active member of the County Ambassador Team and the Volunteer Management Board.
- Always try to set a good example in the general community.
- Applicant must be between 13 – 18 years old and meet the 4-H membership requirements for the length of the term of service.
- Applicant must have completed at least one year of membership in 4-H prior to the year of application. Membership does not have to be the most recent consecutive year.
- Applicant must have demonstrated leadership experience and skills. To ensure that the position of County Ambassador is open to 4-H members in all program delivery modes (community club, afterschool club, SPIN club, summer camp, etc.), a member must document the following:
- Mastery of a project as demonstrated by at least 6 hours of instruction, documented by a statement of skills.
- 40 hours of significant leadership roles, either inside or outside of 4-H.
- 30 hours of citizenship and/or community service, either inside or outside of 4-H.
- 10 public speaking engagements, at least 2 of which must have been given at a 4-H event.
- Demonstrate involvement in 4-H as evidenced by a list of activities that are a combination of 15 of the following: project skill activities, 4-H events attended, and honors/recognition. Definitions for these three categories are found in the Record Book Manual under the section describing the Personal Development Report (PDR). Completing a PDR is not an application requirement for County Ambassador.
2020-2021 Program Year Application Deadline is September 1st, 2020
Amador County Ambassador Packet
Amador County Ambassador Application Packet PDF Fillable
- Submit an County Ambassador Application consisting of:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Essay Responses to questions on the Application.
- Resume highlighting leadership and citizenship skills, as well as personal and professional development.
- Written Evidence of Leadership Experience and Skills
- Letters of Recommendation (3):
- One letter from a 4-H youth member.
- Two letters from adults who have knowledge of the applicant’s leadership experience, skills and character. At least one of the letters must be from a 4-H adult who has knowledge of the applicant’s skills and character demonstrated in the 4-H Youth Development Program.
- Recommendations may not be from a parent/guardian, sibling or other family member residing in the same household as the applicant.
- Submit the County Ambassador Application to the Amador County 4-H YDP Office by 5 PM, September 1, 2020.
- Attend the County Ambassador Interview as scheduled.