Where can I get verification of employment?
For your convenience, the University of California (UC) provides a simple method for employment verification.
If you are applying for a loan, an apartment or job, your employment verifier (e.g. bank, leasing agent, or employer) accesses your employment information through The Work Number website.
The Work Number
The Work Number is a third-party provider of employment and income verification. All verifiers (banks, employers or leasing agents) must access your information through its website. You can access it at www.theworknumber.com or 1-800-367-2884.
How to Provide Proof of Your Employment and Income
Please provide your employment verifier the following information:
· Inform them that UC uses the The Work Number
· Provide them the University of California Employer Code: 15975
· Provide them your Social Security Number
In some instances, you may also need to create a "Salary Key" in order to complete an income verification. If your employment verifier requests a salary key, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to The Work Number as an employee.
2. Enter the following information:
· UC Employer Code: 15975
· User ID: Your Social Security Number
· Personal PIN: Your birthday (MMDDYYYY).
3. Select the "Create a Salary Key" option.
4. Provide your verifier the six-digit salary key.
The instruction above also applies to separated employees.
If you are in need of a verification letter, you may generate that yourself by going into your UCPath Dashboard, scrolling down to the Income and Taxes menu. The last option in that menu is Verification of Employment. Click on that and scroll down to click Generate Summary Report. It then requires you to Download Attachment, which is a PDF copy of your verification letter.