ANR Staff Human Resources
University of California
ANR Staff Human Resources


How To Request an Extension

When requesting an extension for contract and short term emergency appointments, AND there are no significant changes to the position description that will alter the level of classification, you only need to submit your request to extend the appointment to and attach the completed *file344677*. Include in the body of your message the following information:

  • Employee name
  • Justification for the extension and the reasons why you are requesting the extension
  • Dates of extension
  • Personnel Change Request form

Once your Analyst has reviewed and approved the action, your department will be notified.



If you have any questions regarding any Human Resources related matter please do not hesitate to contact our e-service center at

Webmaster Email: