7:45 Check-in and pick up materials
8:30-9:20 Welcome and overview (Main room)
Karey Windbiel-Rojas, UC Statewide IPM Program
- Brief introduction to UC IPM
- Overview of schedule and logistic
- Pre-training Survey
- Concepts of IPM
- Diagnosing pest problems
- UC IPM Resources
- Example case study
9:30-10:40 Breakout 1*
10:45-11:30 How We Are Making a Difference (Main room) Presenter: Lauren Snowden, Statewide Master Gardener Program
12:15-1:10 Breakout 2*
1:15-2:10 Breakout 3*
2:20-3:45 Wrap up and survey (Main Room)
- Bringing what you learned today back to your counties
- Toolkit overview
- Group brainstorm & discussion
- Post-training Survey
*Breakout sessions: Participants will be divided into 3 groups and will attend each session in a rotating schedule. Each group will investigate case studies in the following areas:
- Vegetable insect pests (Lucia Varela) – Diagnosis and identification of common insect pests found in vegetable gardens and recommended IPM solutions.
- Abiotic disorders and vegetable diseases (Belinda Messenger-Sikes) - Diagnosis and identification of common abiotic disorders of vegetable crops, vegetable diseases, and recommendations for sound integrated pest management solutions.
- Vertebrate pests (Roger Baldwin) - Diagnosis of damage and solutions for vertebrate pests of vegetable gardens.