‘Airblast Spray Advisor’ web app is a decision support tool designed to enable the pesticide user community (growers, pesticide applicators, etc.) identify best practices for achieving effective and efficacious airblast spray applications.
- It simulates a mechanistic spray deposition model that is based on the physical movement of the spray and its interaction with the tree canopy.
- It accounts for atomization, droplet evaporation, and the weather.
- It provides feedback for user to compare outcomes of different scenarios and make best decision.
- It minimizes guesswork in knowing what works best in a particular setting.
- It is currently setup for citrus, but learning may apply to other tree and vine crops.
- Outputs of the model and this tool have been validated using experimental data collected from commercial orchards.