Human Subjects Protocol Resources
UC ANR Advisors can take the UC Davis Institutional Review Board (IRB) Research Training – Basic/Refresher Course through Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
In order to submit an application to UC Davis IRB you need to complete the UC Davis CITI training. You the follow teh steps below.
- Go to citiprogram.org
- Click on the register icon on the right side of the page.
- Select your organization affiliation: Type in “University of California” and you will see the autopopulated options. Select “University of California, Davis.” Note that since ANR goes through UC Davis’ Institutional Review Board (IRB), we must take the training affiliated with UC Davis. Click continue to create your CITI Program Username/Password.
- Provide your user information as instructed, then click continue.
- Create your account username password, and security questions as instructed, then click continue.
- Provide your country of residence as instructed, then click continue.
- Continuing Education: This is up to you, but I have not felt the need to request units, so I selected “no.” Participation in future research: Again, this is up to you to select. Click continue when finished.
- Additional user information requested by UC Davis:
- Only required to complete fields with an asterisk
- For email, I provided my UC Davis email so they know I have one
- For “What is your role in research” you may want to select “data manager” unless you see a better fit.
- Select curriculum:
- For question 1, select “Group 2: I would like to complete the Basic course for Social & Behavioral Researchers and staff”
- For all remaining questions, select the last options for no/not at this time
- Click on complete registration
- Click on “finalize registration.”
- Click on the blue “University of California, Davis courses and you should see one course listed entitled “Social and Behavioral Research – Basic/Refresher.” Click on the link for the course to begin. You will need to take this refresher once every two years.
- After taking the course, you can start your IRB application at https://www.irbnet.org/release/index.html. You will need to create an account when you use it for the first time.
- For questions about the application process, call IRB administrator on 916-703-9166.
UC Davis - Office of Research IRB Administration
UC Riverside - Research Integrity - Human Research Review Board
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Office for Human Research Protections