CitrusSprayEx is an expert system that was developed between 2009 and 2011 as part of Dr. Peter Ako Larbi’s PhD dissertation at the University of Florida entitled “Development of a Model to Predict Spray Deposition in Air-Carrier Sprayer Applications”. An expert system is a computer program that simulates the judgment of an individual or organization possessing expert knowledge and experience in a particular field. The purpose of this expert system is to assist growers and applicators with airblast sprayer decision making.
We are looking for volunteers to evaluate this expert system and to provide feedback for further development. Evaluators will receive a copy of the installation files and the installation instructions.
Submit scenarios for others to use
- Larbi, P. A. (2019). Understanding Effective Citrus Spray Application Through Computer Simulations. UC Ag Experts Talk. Zoom Webinar Series: University of California Integrated Pest Management.
- Larbi, P. A., & Salyani, M. (2013). Discretization for a spray deposition model: Criteria for temporal and spatial differencing. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 9, 35-39.
- Larbi, P. A., & Salyani, M. (2012). CitrusSprayEx: An expert system for planning citrus spray applications. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 87, 85-93.
- Larbi, P. A., & Salyani, M. (2012). Model to predict spray deposition in citrus airblast sprayer applications - Part 2: Spray deposition. Transactions of the ASABE, 55(1), 41-48.
- Larbi, P. A., & Salyani, M. (2012). Model to predict spray deposition in citrus airblast sprayer applications - Part 1: Spray Dispersion. Transactions of the ASABE, 55(1), 29-39.