2020 "Trio" Event
Presentation Day and Creed Contest
January 26, 2020
Location: Mark Twain Medical Center, Educational Classrooms.
Presentations begin at 9:00am, judge and room monitor meeting at 8:30am
Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before your presentation for set-up
Sign Up Here: http://ucanr.edu/ccpresentationday
Presentation Day is open to all 4-H members. You do not need to be in a Public Speaking project to participate. You can even give a presentation with a friend, which is called a team. Primary members may enter the county level only. Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors may advance to the sectional level with a gold award at county level. Sectional gold awards may advance to State Presentation Day.
You are allowed to give 2 prepared presentations, please fill out this form for each of the presentations you plan to do.
If you are in a team or group, only one person needs to fill out the form. Please be sure to list all team members in the given area.
You can give
- A Demonstration teaches a skill by showing how to do it.
- An Illustrated Talk tells about a subject using visual aids like posters, objects or a power point
- A Science or Engineering Presentation focuses on making sense of the world by constructing knowledge or finding suitable solutions to problems by weighing decision choices
- An Educational Display Talk is an organized visual presentation, often on a tri-fold poster board panel. You explain what’s on your poster to a judge.
- An Informative Prepared Speech is a formal speech written by the member that informs or educates the audience on a single issue.
- A Persuasive Prepared Speech is a formal speech written by the member that tries to sway, convince or influence, not simply argue with the audience.
- An Impromptu Speech is one you write at the competition on the topic given by the judges.
- An Interpretive Reading is when you read from a book, making the story come alive with your voice.
- Share the Fun is a group skit or a group presentation.
- Cultural Arts is music, dance, drama or performing art performed by one person or a group
- The 4-H Creed Contest is at the County level only.
Home Arts Expo
2020 Calaveras Home Arts Expo
The 4-H Home Arts Expo will be held this year on Sunday,January 26, 9 a.m. at Mark Twain Medical Center in the educational classrooms.
4-H members from Calaveras, Mariposa, Tuolumne, El Dorado and Amador County are welcome to participate! All entries are due by Jan 24.
Sign up here: http://ucanr.edu/cchomearts
One entry form should be filled out for each entry, you can enter up to two items!
For more information go to http://ucanr.edu/sites/Calaveras_4-H_Program/Calaveras_Home_Arts_Expo/