Calaveras County Presentation Day
February 9, 2019
Time: Starting at 9 a.m.
Location: Mark Twain Medical Center, Classrooms 1-3
768 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, 95249
Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before your presentation for set-up
Presentation Day is open to all 4-H members. You do not need to be in a public speaking project to participate. You can even give a presentation with a friend, which is called a team. Primary members may enter the county level only. Juniors, intermediates and seniors may advance to the sectional level with a gold award at county level. Sectional gold awards may advance to State Presentation Day.
You are allowed to give two prepared presentations, please fill out this form for each of the presentations you plan to do.
If you are in a team or group, only one person needs to fill out the form. Please be sure to list all team members in the given area.
You can give:
• A Demonstration teaches a skill by showing how to do it.
• An Illustrated Talk tells about a subject using visual aids like posters, objects or a power point
• A Science or Engineering Presentation focuses on making sense of the world by constructing knowledge or finding suitable solutions to problems by weighing decision choices
• An Educational Display Talk is an organized visual presentation, often on a tri-fold poster board panel. You explain what’s on your poster to a judge.
• An Informative Prepared Speech is a formal speech written by the member that informs or educates the audience on a single issue.
• A Persuasive Prepared Speech is a formal speech written by the member that tries to sway, convince or influence, not simply argue with the audience.
• An Impromptu Speech is one you write at the competition on the topic given by the judges.
• An Interpretive Reading is when you read from a book, making the story come alive with your voice.
• Share the Fun is a group skit or a group presentation.
• Cultural Arts is music, dance, drama or performing art performed by one person or a group
The 4-H Creed Contest is at the County level only. Information is given here because it is not in the Manual
4-H has a great manual to help you prepare your presentation. It’s online on the state website at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/220608.pdf. It tells you everything you need to know about how to do a presentation and what they judges want to see and hear. Read it early to make sure you understand what to do.
Members not presenting are invited to be Room Emcees (11 years and older) and Door Monitors (any age). Emcees and Monitors need to sign up ahead. We also need adults or teens 16 and older to volunteer as judges - you can be a big help to the members giving presentations!
Contact Rosemary Giannini at email@example.com.
Everyone is invited to attend and hear the presentations. All members are also invited to give a Non-Judged Impromptu speech that day while judges are tallying the scores. These are entertaining and just for fun.
Online sign-ups are preferred. http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=26517 Please sign up by the Feb. 1, 2019.
Amador County Presentation Day
January 26, 2019, 8:30 A.M. to Noon
Ione Junior High School, 450 S. Mill St. Ione, CA 95640
Eligibility: Any 4-H member in Calaveras, Amador, El Dorado, and Tuolumne.
For more information see Amador County Presentation Day page
El Dorado County Presentation Day
February 23, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Folsom Lake College-El Dorado Center, 6699 Campus Drive, Placerville
Eligibility: any 4-H member in Calaveras, Amador, El Dorado, and Tuolumne.
To register and for more information see the El Dorado Presentaion Day webpage.
Questions: E-mail Denise Veffredo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-621-5568.
Tuolumne County Presentation Day
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Gold Rush Charter School
16331 Hidden Valley Rd, Sonora, CA 95370
Judges, Room Emcees and Door Monitors training meeting begins at 12:00 p.m. The Presentations beginning at 1:00 p.m. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before your presentation for set-up.
Eligibility: Any 4-H member in Calaveras, Amador, El Dorado, Tuolumne and Mariposa Counties.
Registration: Online sign-ups are preferred. https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=22614. Contact Rosemary Giannini at email@example.com for questions. Register by Monday, 5th.
Area Presentation Day - Central Sierra
March 28, 2020
Argonaut High School, 501 Argonaut Lane, Jackson, CA 95642
Eligibility: Any 4-H member (9 years old and above) who has been awarded a gold medal in a County competition may compete with the same presentation for which the medal was awarded.
See the Area Presentation Day - Central Sierra website for registration and details.
State Presentation Day
NEW date this year! Saturday,
June 1, 2019
8:00am - 6:00pm
University of California, Davis - West Quad
Eligibility: Any 4-H member (9 years old and above) who has been awarded a gold medal in their sectional competition may compete with the same presentation for which the medal was awarded.