FAQs / Technical Tips
1. What web browser should I use?
2. What do I do if the system won't start or isn't working properly?
3. How do I navigate the system?
4. How do I know information has been saved?
5. What are the character limits?
6. Can I copy and paste?
7. Can I change the default date?
8. How do I sort the displayed records?
1) Firefox is highly recommended.
ANR Portal applications will work with any modern browser, but for best results, use Mozilla Firefox. It can be downloaded for free at https://www.mozilla.org/firefox
2) Try restarting your computer and clearing web history.
Many technical difficulties can be resolved by simply restarting your computer. Additionally, try clearing your web browser. To do this in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Firefox menu, usually located at the top right corner of the web browser.
- Click on Options.
- Select Privacy on the left menu.
- Click on the blue link that says, “Clear your recent history.”
3) Navigate via the menu on the left side.
To move among the different functions in DANRIS-X Report, click the links that appear in the menu bar at the left of the screen. If you can't see the menu bar, maximize the size of your web browser window.
4) Click the Add/Update buttons to save information.
To ensure that the information you enter is saved, always click on the blue buttons Add Record or Update Record at the bottom of every data entry screen. On the next screen, a banner will display confirming that your record was added/updated.
5) Character limits are 3,200 for long text fields.
Some longer narrative text fields in the Annual Plan module have a character limit of 3,200 characters (including spaces), which is about 500 words or the rough equivalent to one page in word processor applications.
All text fields with character limits are noted in the system.
6) You can copy and paste, but there are some restrictions.
You may copy and paste from any word processor to the narrative text fields in DANRIS-X. Fields that have a "menu bar" with formatting options, special formatting such as outline indents, underlining, italics, and bold, will preserve any formatting that you copy/paste. For fields without the menu bar with formatting options, special formatting cannot be used.
When pasting text into a narrative text field that allows formatting (i.e. has the "menu bar" referred to above), the mouse right-click menu does not work. Instead, use the key combination Ctrl+V to paste text. Also, if your browser's menu bar is visible, you can paste text by opening the Edit menu and choosing Paste.
7) You can type over any default dates using MM/DD/YYYY format.
For certain types of activities, you must specify a Begin Date and an End Date.
- You may see the End Date box appear with the default entry, "SameDate," pre-entered for your convenience in case the activity took place on only one day. If the activity spanned more than one day, type over the default entry with the actual ending date.
- For some activity types, the default entry, "Ongoing," appears in the End Date box. You can save your activity record with "Ongoing," as the End Date if the activity you are reporting has not yet ended; if it has ended, type over the default entry with the actual ending date.
8) Records can only be sorted in two ways.
By default, a table of your recorded information will be displayed in reverse chronological order by date the record was created or last updated. In other words, the last record you created/updated will be first in the list.
You can re-sort the records based on the date the event occurred (also in reverse chronological order), by clicking on the date heading of that column.