Yearly 4-H Awards
Extra awards may be added throughout the year. An email will be sent to explain details if needed.
County Fair Awards
4-H Champion Buckles
- Four buckles will be awarded for champion in each division (w/t, pony, Jr, Sr.)
- May ride more than one project horse
- An asterisk will be placed on the fair guide for qualifying classes.
- Points will only be given for 1 showmanship class.
El Dorado Fair Buckles (4-H, FFA, Grange or Independent)*
- English High Point Buckle
- Western High Point Buckle
- Gymkhana High Point Buckle
*These buckles are given by the Fair and are completely separate from the above 4-H awards.
5 Points for 1st, 4 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th, 1 point for 5th,
(If there are less than 5 riders in a class, Points are adjusted as follows)
3 Riders = 3 Points for 1st, 2 Riders = 2 Points for 1st
Tie Breaker will go to the rider with the most 1st place ribbons. If still tied, it will go to rider with the most 2nd place ribbons
Teri Marie Lowrey Memorial Award Sponsored by Carter/Kelly Construction
This award is presented to the 4-H horse project member demonstrating outstanding participation in the project.
Cindy's Flyer Award
Members are nominated by the project leaders in the following categories:
F: Fun L: Leadership Y: Youth E: Education R: Respect S: Service
Outstanding Exhibitor Award
This award is voted on by the leaders and given to the 4-H member who participates at fair and shows outstanding participation, sportsmanship and the overall qualities of a 4-H member.