Directions to Camp
UC Forestry Camp
8091 Schneider Creek Rd
Meadow Valley, CA 95956-0340
Phone Number- 530.927-9993
NOTE: Internet mapping (i.e. Google map or Yahoo map) and GPS may suggest the Quincy-Oroville highway route. While it is slightly shorter it has a lot more curves. The State Route (SR) 99/SR70 route through Marysville and Oroville or the I80/SR89/SR70 route through Truckee are recommended.
Driving directions from Quincy
- From Quincy, go about 8 miles west on Bucks Lake Road
- Look for an old round concrete silo in the field on the left side of the road. Schneider Creek Road connects to Bucks Lake Road about 1/4 mile past the concrete silo. (IF YOU PASS THE MEADOW VALLEY COUNTRY STORE OR THE CREEK SIDE DINNER ON THE LEFT, YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR.)
- Turn left on Schneider Creek Road.
- The pavement ends soon after crossing Meadow Valley Creek and the road travels up a gentle hill.
- Follow the left fork at the "Y" and cross Schneider Creek.
- Take the second right turn (less than 1/4 mile after crossing Schneider Creek)
- Look for the sign welcoming you to FIT
- Please park in the parking area and walk to camp.
- Google map link from Quincy to Camp (access a map)
GET FUEL IN MARYSVILLE OR ALONG I80