Within the first six months:
- Celebrate successes.
- Determine which courses or training programs your new employee should enroll in for the next six months (visit ANR Learning & Development or the UC Learning Center)
- Discuss future projects and opportunities
- Foster networking opportunities
- Continue to communicate your unit/program and UC ANR vision and mission
- Identify strengths and determine what knowledge, skills, and abilities. For staff, provide assignments that will complement or enhance skills
- Identify areas where employee needs to grow and improve to achieve competencies related to job
For staff employees:
- At the end of probation congratulate your employee!
- Share the Career Tracks link so your employee can learn career paths within their job function and how to advance their career systemwide