Archived Webinars and Materials
NOTE: Links below contain information relevant to the SLAQ pilot year (FFY 2020).
- Learn Settings SLAQ Refresher Training September 13, 2022
- Retail SLAQ Training May 6, 2022 Webinar Recording
- Revised SLAQs: What's new for FFY 21
- SLAQ overview webinar
- Hands-on training: LEARN Settings
- Hands-on training: Retail
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 we reviewed changes to SLAQs in FFY21 as well as how to access and complete the SLAQs. Training addresses revisions made to SLAQs to be relevant in the COVID-19 era.
On Wednesday March 13, 2019 we offered an introductory webinar to help local health departments learn about new Site-Level Assessment Questionnaires (SLAQs).
Pick Up the SLAQ! Introducing New Assessments for Planning and Evaluation in School, After-School, ECE, and Retail Settings
Recording and slides are now available for this webinar:
Beginning in FFY 2020, local health departments will be expected to complete an annual assessment of all school, early care and education, before/after-school, and retail sites where they are engaged in site-level PSE work, using new Site-Level Assessment Questionnaires (SLAQs). LHDs may choose to begin this assessment process in FFY 2019, to gain valuable information for planning for FFY 2020 and to assess progress more accurately.
In this webinar, we will introduce you to the SLAQs and review expectations for LHDs to complete them. Upon completion of this training, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between IWP Blueprint core assessment activities and LHD FAP assessment requirements
- Identify the settings for which SLAQs are available, and where LHDs must complete them
- Differentiate which of your sites will require a completed SLAQ from those that do not
- Describe, in general terms, the content of the SLAQ instruments and how they work
- Prepare subcontractors and other partners to conduct SLAQ data collection
Do you want to learn how to become a ‘SLAQer’?
In this 1.5 hour webinar you will explore using the new SLAQs and related tools in the LEARN setting and develop approaches to encourage your partners to complete them. You will also observe how to submit completed questionnaires and practice interpreting results to plan future programming.
This training is designed for LHD staff to prepare for implementing SLAQs in the LEARN settings (schools, after school programs, and early care and education programs). Others working with LEARN-setting SLAQs may also benefit from this webinar.
Webinar preparation: To get the most out of this webinar, please download copies of the Elementary School and ECE SLAQs and LHD Activity Checklists. During the webinar, we will ask you to load these questionnaires on a second screen, or side-by-side with the webinar, to practice completing questionnaires and interpreting results. You can download these from the SLAQ Pilot Questionnaire page.
This is a 1.5-hour training webinar offering a comprehensive overview of the Retail SLAQ, covering purpose, data collection processes, and the individual SLAQ sections. Below, there are links to download the following:
- Retail SLAQ training slides
- Retail SLAQ training slide notes
- Recording of training webinar
- Annotated retail SLAQ with additional explanations in the margins
For questions about SLAQ training, please contact us.
On September 13, 2022. We hosted a refresher training for all LHD staff conducting SLAQs in a learn setting (elementary school, secondary school, ECE or OST) in FFY 2023.
In this training we:
- Provided a broad overview of the learn SLAQs, where to find materials, and different ways to complete a SLAQ
- Reviewed FFY 2023 updates and new Survey123 features
- Introduced new SLAQ resources
- Gave an update on the SLAQ recognition program
This training provides and overview of the Retail SLAQ and where to find all the resources needed to successfully complete this SLAQ.