Stanislaus County Presentation Day
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Turlock Christian Elementary School, 2323 Colorado Ave, Turlock, CA 95382
7:30-8:30 Check in for Volunteers 7:30-8:00 Check in for Evaluators & Room Hosts
8:00-8:45 Check in for Presenters
8:00 am Evaluator & Room Host Orientation
9:00 am Presentations Begin
11:00 am Command Performances
12:00 pm Awards Assembly (Approximate time)
Registration Form Due by 4:30 pm at the 4-H Office or via email to
email@example.com by January 30, 2019.
Please note that divisions are based on age and not grade so we will align with the State Presentation Day divisions. Primary members may enter either as individuals or a Primary team. Primary members may not be on teams with Juniors, Intermediates, or Seniors.
We will need one evaluator for every 3 presentations. Evaluators, Room Hosts and other helpers register here:
Regional Presentation Day Registration
What is a 4-H Presentation?
A presentation is a method used to communicate an idea by showing and/or telling. These presentations can be in one of nine categories. See the complete description by clicking on the Presentation Day Manual below. A summary of poster and visual aid requirements, length, questions, note cards, and attire are here:
Matrix of Presentation Formats
- A Demonstration is where you make something or do something. There is a final product.
- An Illustrated Talk in which a topic is discussed using visual aides such as charts, posters, photos, computer programs, models, or cut outs.
- An Impromptu (or Extemporaneous Speech) in which Senior members have 30 minutes (3 min at State) to prepare a presentation on pre-announced topics. See this site: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/SFD/PD/
- A Informative Prepared Speech in which a topic is discussed without visual aides. Advocacy of political or religious views is not appropriate.
- NEW 2016: Persuasive Prepared Speech is to sway, convince, and influence, not simply to argue. Advocacy of political or religious views is not appropriate.
- An Interpretive Reading in which the member will read and give their interpretation of any published written work that is age appropriate.
- Share the Fun is a presentation where a group performs acts such as skits and other presentations that focus on health, safety, community pride, citizenship, science, engineering or technology or other 4-H project or projects. Must include a topic surrounding 4-H. (Limit of 10 members per group for county)
- Educational Display Talk is an organized visual presentation of a program or concept designed to convey its message in a limited amount of time. Speakers are expected to introduce the display and answer questions.
- Cultural Arts- Individual participants, groups, projects, clubs, etc. perform a costumed dramatic reading, musical, dance, or other such performing art.
- Added 2016: Science or Engineering Presentation--Science focuses on making sense of the world by constructing knowledge and an engineering presentation focuses on finding suitable solutions to problems by weighing design choices. See State manual for more explanation.
- Audio-Visual has been discontinued starting 2016. Consider entering the State Film Contest.
See State Manual for more details: Click Here for Manual
4-H Presentation helps you learn to:
Research a subject
Organize ideas in a logical order
- Be a teacher and practice public speaking skills
Recruiting evaluators from the community is a great way to showcase 4-H. If you would like a letter sent your community members, please contact the 4-H office.
Presentation Day Entry Forms coming soon.