Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center EHS
University of California
Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center EHS

Reporting an Work Related Injury or Illness

CALL 911 immediately if so deemed

Send someone to bring the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)

An employee who has a work-related injury or illness shall immediately notify her or his supervisor.

If medical treatment is needed, or if the employee asks for initial treatment for a work-related illness or injury, the employee shall be taken to:

Kings Industrial Medical Centers

936 G Street, Suite B

Reedley, CA 93654

Phone:  559-637-4426

Also immediately notify KARE Safety Coordinator, Marvin Flores (559) 646-6013

If immediate treatment is needed and JOBECARE is closed, the employee may be sent to the Selma District Hospital.

Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center (KARE) Employees – Injuries must be reported to the UC Davis Workers’ Compensation office at (530) 757-3266, within 24 hours of knowledge of the injury. Forms may be downloaded here

An "Employer's Report"must be submitted within 24 hours. The employee fills out the form and gives it to his/her supervisor.

Both an "Employer's Report" and an "Employee Report of Accident" form need to be completed and filed.  Copies should be given to the KREC Administration Office and to the KARE Safety Coordinator.

Copies of the competed reports need to be faxed to the UC Davis Worker's Compensation carrier and to Soo Hsieh at REC-AO by the KARE Administration Office within 24 hours of the incident. The original needs to be mailed to the same parties within 72 hours.

Instructions for Employer Report

An employee may use his or her personal physician, instead of the above providers, if he or she has filed a Designation of Physician form (available at prior to the date of injury.

Webmaster Email: