Upload Videos to YouTube
Upload videos to YouTube
Upload to YouTube
1. In any web browser go to www.youtube.com. Click the “Sign In” link on the upper right hand corner and Sign into YouTube using your firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
2. The next window that will appear is the UC Davis CAS window. Please log in using your UCDavis email address and passphrase.
3. Click on the up arrow (Upload) icon on the upper right hand corner of the screen. The name of your channel is the name of your UC Davis account. You cannot change the name. Please, read the terms and agree to the channel by clicking on “Create Channel” on the lower right hand corner.
4. Prior to dragging and dropping the videos, at the bottom under “Help and Suggestions” click on the “Increase your limit” link. This will walk you through verifying your YouTube account and it will allow you to upload videos that are larger than 15 minutes long. Please do this step first.
5. Once your account goes through the verification process it will take you to your YouTube Home page. Click on the on the upper right hand corner of the page, this will take you back to the uploads screen. Prior to uploading your video please select your video privacy settings by clicking on the drop-down menu under the “Select video files to upload” button.
• Public videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
• Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose.
• Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link.
For more information on YouTube privacy settings please visit
6. Once you’ve made your privacy selection you can either drag and drop or click on the arrow in the center of the screen to upload a video.
7. Once the movie is uploaded in the next window you will notice a few things. Under
• Upload Status: Will show you when the upload is complete and will provide you
with the live URL link. videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
• Privacy: On the right side you will see the privacy you selected for your video.
Give your video a Title and Description, you can also enter tags to so others can use
YouTube’s search feature to find your video.
8. We’ll go over under the most used features under the “Advanced Settings”
• Comments: You can allow comments and ratings on your video.
• Syndication: You can allow your YouTube videos to be played back on mobile
devices and other video formats.
• Category: You can set your video under a category.
• Video Statistics: You can make your video.
Once you are finished entering your settings click on the Done button on the upper
right hand corner. For more information regarding the settings please visit:
9. Once you are done you will receive a window that looks like the one below. Please
preview your video, if you are satisfied with the quality of your video please feel free to publish your video and share it with others.
Depending on your privacy settings you can either, email them the link from the
email you receive from YouTube to your UCDavis email.
• Embed the URL on a website for others to view.
• Copy and paste the link and share the link to others using chat and other forms of technology/social media.
Download the PDF here: Upload to YouTube