Favorite Foods Field Day
Alameda County Favorite Foods Day
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Noon to 3:00
First United Methodist Church of San Leandro
1600 Bancroft Avenue
San Leandro, CA
2019 Favorite Foods Day flyer
4-H Age Divisions (based on age as December 31st)
Primary (5-8 years old)
Junior (9-10 years old)
Intermediate (11-13 years old)
Senior (14-18 years old)
Open to ALL 4-H Members (Do NOT need to be in a Cooking/Foods Project to exhibit or attend)
- Each contestant will do his/her own preparation, exhibiting and cleanup. Primary members may ask for help if it is needed.
- The Entry should be basically prepared at home, but last minute preparations may be done at the show.
Register at http://ucanr.edu/favfooddayregistration
Evaluators, Project Activities and Exhibitors please use same registration site.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
Contact Elisabeth Wade for any exceptions.
Questions can be directed to Elisabeth Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judged Contests (1 per class per exhibitor)
- Prepared Food (Appetizer, Main Dish or Dessert). The prepared food item must be made entirely by the 4-H exhibitor. The recipe should not be prepared exclusively from commercial mixes. Recipe card is to be provided and be sure to review the prepared food guidelines.
- Table Setting Review Table setting guidelines
- Nutrition Related Posters
* Food Safety: Exhibitors are responsible for keeping prepared food at a safe temperature using a cooler or other insulated container. If you plan to use a crock pot or hot plate, please state this on your registration form under special accommodations to make arrangements for electricity.