Presentation Day Schedule
8:15-8:30 Check-in for Evaluators, Room Runners, & Room Hosts
8:30-9:00 Check-in for Presenters
8:30-9:00 Evaluator & Room Runner/ Host Orientation
8:45 General Welcome/Pledge - 4-H All Star(s)
10:00-12:00 Share the 4-H Fun/Cultural Arts
12:00-12:30 Awards Assembly (Approximate time)
Presentation Day Details
Public speaking is a cornerstone of the 4-H Youth Development Program. Each 4-H member is encouraged to give a presentation each year. The Alameda County, Bay/Coast Area, and State 4-H Presentation Days follows the current 4-H Presentation Manual - Revised October 2016 ; this manual gives all the necessary information to present effectively and within the 4-H guidelines. Along with the presentation format, Alameda County also uses the evaluation rubrics and scoring key as outlined in the current manual.
You may sign up to do one individual/small team presentation, one Interview Contest and one individual/group performance presentation (Share the Fun or Cultural Arts). You may not volunteer as an evaluator, but you may volunteer to be a room host or room runner in most cases.
Room and Audio/Video Setup: Depending on the type of presentation, an easel may be provided in a room. Unlike State Field Day, rooms are equipped with screens only. Presenters are responsible for BRINGING THEIR OWN PROJECTOR, converter cable, laptop computers or other digital device, cassette/CD players and radios.
Presentation Day Volunteers NEEDED
Each club must send one evaluator for every three entries or one evaluator for less than three entries.
No experience needed to be an evaluator. Orientation is provided. However, evaluators should review the "4-H Presentation Day Manual" before Presentation Day. Please download the following document:
Each club must send one room host and one room runner for every ten entries.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- ROOM RUNNER: Members 9 years and older. Duties include collecting Evaluators' scoring rubrics at the conclusion of each presentation and taking them to the Tally Station. Room runner may also register for a presentation.
- ROOM HOST: Members 12 years and older. Duties include presiding over the area, help presenters set up, introduce the presenter and assist spectators. Room host may also register for a presentation.
- TEEN PRESENTATION EVALUATOR: Members 15 years and older. Prior county presentation experience is required. Teen evaluator may participate in an individual/group Share the Fun or Cultural Arts performance presentation.
- ADULT PRESENTATION EVALUATOR: Parents, leaders and other volunteer adults.
- ADULT INTERVIEW EVALUATOR: Parents, Leaders and other adult volunteers. Experience with HR and Interviews desirable.
For More Information
The Alameda County, Bay/Coast Area and State 4-H Presentation Day follows the current 4-H Presentation Manual - Revised October 2016.*
Public speaking is a cornerstone of the 4-H Youth Development Program; this manual gives all the necessary information to present effectively and within the 4-H guidelines.
* Be sure to read the Oct 2016 revised Presentation Manual as some categories and the rubrics have changed!
Still Poster/Display Exhibit
Members and/or Projects will be given the opportunity to exhibit a poster documenting project learning or showcasing the Project. These displays will be set up on a table in the multi-purpose during the event for participants to view. While no Communication credit is earned from a static exhibit, participants will gain credit for their exhibit as a Project Skill. Please notify the event co-chairs if you intend to bring a display so adequate space is allotted for your exhibit.
Area and State Presentation Days
Members (9 years old and above) who earn a gold award at County Presentation Day qualify to present at the Bay Coast Area Presentation Day. A gold award at Area Presentation Day qualifies presenters to compete at State Presentation Day.
Presenters must give the same presentation in the same category in which they qualified. No substitutions in presenters are allowed. Presentations must be given by the same individuals who qualified at an area event.
Bay Coast Area/Antioch Presentation Day 2020:
Antioch, March 21, 2020
Online BCA/Antioch Presentation Day VOLUNTEER EVALUATOR Sign-Up TBA
Online Host/Clerk Sign up TBA
*There are additional Area Presentation Days schedule throughout the state. County-Level gold medalists may sign up for any of them. For more info about the various options, visit the State 4-H Website Area Presentations page. Please make sure you sign up for the location/date you plan to attend.
State Presentation Day - May 30, 2020 at UC Davis West Quad. 8am -6pm