Alameda County 4-H Domestic (State) Exchange
Here a little information about our countywide State Exchange project.
- Our group does a 2 year commitment with a state.
- Each California youth is partnered with a 4-H youth in a different state.
- We travel to stay with our 4-H Partner this year, and next year, our 4-H partner will come stay with us.
- It gives youth a chance to experience the 4-H program in another state, and for them to experience 4-H in our state and an opportunity to make a friend that you share their home with and experience their lives for a week, and then they get to come share your life and home.
For the 2022-2024 2-year commitment, we will be looking for a new state to exchange with. Unfortunately, we don’t get to choose any state we want. The state we choose to partner with must
- have a similar travel time frames and dates
- similar travel numbers and project composition- to partner each 4-Her with a 4-Her of the same sex and similar in age. We want each 4-Her to have a partner to travel and stay with, and for them to have a partner come stay with them.
- Host a new friend
- Travel to great places in other states
- Travel to great places in California
- Make long lasting memories
- 4-H Record Book Project
- Enhance fund raising skills
- Leadership Skills!
Who Are We?
- Have a lot of Fun and Adventures!
- Two Counties as one 4-H Project!
- Learn how other states run their 4-H clubs.
- Meet youth fro other parts of the United States.
- Travel to other States.
- Connect with other 4-H'ers in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- Fund raise for a purpose!
- Learn how to host a family.
Alameda County, Marnie Hascall: 925-788-4812
Project Leader, Selma Michael 510-571-2346