Introducing Office 365
ANR IT is excited to announce the arrival of Office 365, Microsoft's cloud-based email, calendars, and contacts service. Access your emails, calendars, contacts, and web-based versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office products virtually anywhere on your internet-connected computer and mobile devices.
Benefits of upgrading to Office 365:
- Enhanced and robust email, calendaring, and contact management service
- 100X increase in Mailbox size (from 500 MB to 50GB)
- 1 TB of secure cloud storage with integrated collaboration tools on OneDrive
- Access to web-based versions of Outlook and Microsoft Office through your browser
Our team will work hard to seamlessly upgrade everyone with @ucanr.edu and @ucdavis.edu email addresses.
Your Upgrade Experience
- ANR IT will upgrade your email, calendars, and contacts at night. Your email, calendars, and contacts will be ready for use when you login the following day.
- The morning after the upgrade, restart or power your computer on.
- Your email address and passphrase will remain the same. Enter your email address (use @ucdavis.edu instead of @ucanr.edu) and Kerberos passphrase if prompted when you first start outlook.
- Your emails, calendars, and contacts will all be transitioned to Office 365. You will not lose any data after the upgrade.
- Outlook may take longer to load the first time you open it, but should operate normally after your first login.
- Please refer to the Configure your Tablet / Mobile Device page for instructions on how to add your Microsoft Office 365 email to your phone or tablet. (http://ucanr.edu/sites/anroffice365project/Configure_your_Tablet___Mobile_Device/)
- The ANR IT Team is here to help and will be available the day of your upgrade. Support will be provided and will be available in-person or phone. Please do not hesitate to contact us (http://ucanr.edu/sites/anroffice365project/Contact_Us/).
- For questions and support, please contact your IT Help Desk:
Submit a Ticket
- To login to the Office 365 email, calendars, contacts on your browser, go to https://365.ucdavis.edu
Benefits of moving to Office 365
Once upgraded to Office 365, you will have 50 GB of mailbox storage and attachment size limit of 25 MB.
Staff and resource (cars, gotomeeting, and conference rooms) calendars are easier to share.
All ANR personnel will have 1TB storage in OneDrive: a cloud-based document storage and collaboration service provided with your Office 365 account. Securely store your documents and files and share them with colleagues across the world.
Create and Edit Documents with the Office You Know
Your new Office 365 account will give you access to the entire Microsoft Office Suite online using your browser. This will allow you to create, edit, and share Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other Microsoft Office documents on all your devices, even a mobile device. In addition, you will still have the Microsoft Office installed on your computer.