Associate Editor Chair
Roles and responsibilities
The chair of the Associate Editor is selected from previous or current ANR Associate Editors to serve in a liaison and problem-solving role. Janet Hartin is the current chair.
Maintains relationship with ANR Associate Editors
- Oversee peer review process to assure that it is moving in a timely manner.
- Serve as a resource for AEs who have concerns or questions about peer review process.
- Review peer review correspondence to ensure consistency in scope and rigor or review; this includes alternative peer review documentation.
Liaison with Communications Advisory Board
- Attend all CAB meetings as ex officio CAB member
- Work with CAB chair if issues come up relating to peer review process and AEs
- Serve in liaison role between CAB and AEs/peer review process and visa versa
Serve as a resource for ANR authors
- Correspond and work with authors who are dissatisfied with a slow peer review process or other related issues
Work with Communications Services staff
- Provide guidance as needed about managing peer review process, online system and documentation
- Help determine appropriate AE assignments for submitted manuscripts
- Serve as a resource for CS if problems arise with peer-reviewed materials or Associate Editors
- Establish Associate Editor meeting schedule and agenda with CS staff
- Coordinate with CS staff for new AE orientations
Associate Editor chair serves a three-year term with possibility of renewing