See the 2017 condition change survey data.
Thanks so much to everyone for the time and effort devoted to reviewing and improving upon our division-wide condition changes that were first drafted Aug. 29-30. Following further discussion that leaders had with the Program Teams, peers, Statewide Programs and Strategic Initiatives, we received tremendous feedback and suggestions to improve. The timeline was short, the timing was poor, and as something new for the division, the work was a challenge!
Katherine Webb-Martinez, Mark Bell and I have reviewed the recommendations you have submitted. Where there were multiple suggestions for amending the original 19 condition changes, we have discussed the recommendations and made a judgment call. Overall, the recommended changes were not drastically different from the original list (that’s a good thing!) but improvements were made. The final list is now a bit longer but still manageable. This list will be coded into the new Project Board, replacing what was Knowledge Areas.
A self-identified group of 12 Program Team Leaders, SI Leaders, Statewide Program and Institute Directors will work together and, using this new list plus the 2025 Strategic Vision, revise the Public Values Statements drafted back in May. The group plus Mark and Katherine will be working through the remainder of fall, and perhaps into winter, to develop a revised list.
We have a number of identified uses for the condition changes and public value statements, including the original purpose of looking at our current efforts as they relate to the 2025 Strategic Vision.
Thanks again to everyone. This is a great list!
UC ANR: Promoting economic prosperity in California
- Improved individual and household financial stability
- Enhanced community economic development
- Improved animal management, productivity and efficiency
- Increased agriculture and forestry efficiency and profitability
- Increased emerging food economies and markets
UC ANR: Safeguarding sufficient, safe, and healthy food for all Californians
- Improved food security
- Improved food safety
UC ANR: Protecting California’s natural resources
- Improved management and use of land
- Improved air quality
- Protected and conserved soil quality
- Increased ecological sustainability of agriculture, landscapes, and forestry
- Improved water quality
- Improved water-use efficiency
- Improved water-supply security
UC ANR: Promoting healthy people and communities
- Improved health for all
- Improved community health and wellness
- Improved access to positive built and natural environments
UC ANR: Developing a qualified workforce for California
- Increased workforce retention and competency
- Increased effective public leaders
- Improved college readiness and access
- Increased civic engagement
UC ANR: Building climate-resilient communities and ecosystems
- Increased preparedness and resilience to extreme weather and climate change
UC ANR: Developing an inclusive and equitable society
- Improved living and working conditions for California's food system and farm workers
- Increased diversity, inclusiveness, and cultural competency in California's workplaces