Capital Planning & Budget Manager
Capital Planning Team:
Title: Financial Analyst IV
- Works closely with UC ANR Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) to develop and maintain the annual capital spending plan. Report on the financial status of individual projects and the consolidated capital program including, but not limited to, independent cost estimates, budget to actual, payment requests, recharge impact, and funds committed.
- Works with FPM, UC ANR Financial Services, and UC Office of the President (UCOP) to develop and draw monthly cash flow for all active projects.
- Review and advise on detailed project budgets within established guidelines.
- Prepare documents for budget and funding approvals.
- Monitor financial data to ensure proper accounting and control expenditures within the approved budget.
- Identify analytical issues that could be significant as capital projects are requested, implemented, and through completion.
- Coordinate with other units the development and maintenance of capital needs database.
- Develop a long-range capital investment plan.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of documents for capital outlay projects such as Project Summaries, Project Planning Guides, Capital Improvement Budgets, equipment lists, Delegated Authority Items, Regents Items, Business Case Analyses, and the 10-year Capital Financial Plan.
- Works with Financial Services to monitor debt capacity, utilization, and outstanding debt, including forecasting debt payments.
- Coordinate with units to report metrics and progress toward UC Carbon Neutrality goals.
- Review financing options to fund capital needs.
Title: Capital Planning & Budget Manager
Phone: (510) 987-0092