2018 Call for Positions
From January - September 2018 ANR solicited proposals for Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor and specialist positions. The 2018 call aimed to identify positions for strengthening and rebuilding the ANR network to address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. Due to current budget situation the release of approved positions was on hold; VP Humiston's 2018 announcement.
In the fall of 2019, Vice President Humiston asked UC ANR programmatic groups (listed below) to reconfirm the 2018 CE position proposals list -- anticipating being able to fill a limited, small number of CE positions. She has asked if there are higher priorities/critical needs/emergency gaps that aren’t on the 2018 list of 46 but should be? Those will be added this web page at the end of November 2019, using the template and criteria below.
- 2019 Reconfirmation Process
- CE Position Proposal Template
- CE Position Proposal Criteria
If any 2018 proposals need significant revisions/updates the most current versions will be resubmitted and posted below.
Proposal Submittal Groups
Below are the submitted proposals.
- Any proposal numbered above 46 has been submitted as an emergency gap proposal during the 2019 reconfirmation process.
- The following proposals were updated as part of the 2019 reconfirmation process: Advisor #'s 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 42; and Specialist # 35.
- # 18 Wildlife Management Area Advisor is currently under recruitment.
For reference, 2018 new CE position development process: flowchart
To see the 2018 proposed ideas that did not move forward to submittal, click the sub page on the side navigation. These ideas could be further developed by later submittal groups.
For questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at email@example.com or (510) 987-0029.
42 Agronomy Area Advisor
The Area Cooperative Extension advisor for agronomy, resource, and weed management will conduct a multi-county extension and applied research program that addresses grower and industry needs in Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties, with particular focus on the feed and forage crops grown for the dairy industry in the San Joaquin Valley.
Proposed Area of Coverage
Stanislaus, Merced and San Joaquin counties
- Agronomy and Weed Mgmt PD 2019 - Stan Merced and San Joaquin (pdf), uploaded 11/01/2019 by Christopher Hanson