2018 Call for Positions
ANR solicited proposals for Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor and specialist positions from January - September 2018. The 2018 call aimed to identify positions for strengthening and rebuilding the ANR network to address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. Due to current budget situation the release of approved positions is on hold; VP Humiston's announcement.
There was a new position development process – for the complete process and timeline refer to 2018 CE positions flowchart.
- It is designed to be a consultative process with opportunity for input from UC ANR academics and clientele/stakeholders.
- Those involved in position development are expected to take a collaborative approach and statewide perspective to identifying critical needs, and looking forward to emerging challenges.
- The goal is have a manageable number of priority positions proposed, relative to funding realities.
- The new process increases success rate for proposed positions given each group agrees on priority positions for submittal.
- The advisor and specialist processes each have three phases with groups working collaboratively to develop proposals, and reviewing earlier proposals to add proposals that they think are higher priority.
- Each proposal development phase is intended to include internal consultation and external input from ANR stakeholders. We expect and strongly encourage ANR academics to engage with external stakeholders, including commodity groups, cooperating programs, agency partners, community groups, and others to explicitly discuss priority needs to for positions. Groups of related program areas and campus-based departments should discuss and develop complimentary position proposals to strengthen the ANR network.
- You can communicate with the people who are able to submit positions and work collaboratively with them in these efforts.
- The proposals that didn’t make it in earlier phases could be picked up during the subsequent phases. They can be found on the proposal ideas web page.
Proposal Development Submittal Groups
Feb. 7 – May 15
Feb. 7 – May 15
May 15 – Aug. 1
Aug. 1 – Sept. 15
Submittal groups: Use the Universal Review System (URS) to create a proposal and upload a completed position template (Word .doc). Only one representative from each group needs to submit. You can access URS from your ANR Portal. Under Open Systems click on the "2018 Call for Positions." You can access your previous submissions under Universal Review System "Your Proposals."
- CE Advisor and Specialist Hires and Recruitments In Progress
- To-Be-Recruited positions (see Rounds 4 & 5)
- CE programmatic footprint maps: storymap and interactive map
- UCANRPersonnelApps Info.
- 4-H Advisors Map (1-8-2018)
- NFCS and YFC Map-Feb2018
- For other searches use the Taxonomy and Personnel System
- Main points from Feb 13 PT call
- Process orientation for Program Teams: https://ucop.app.box.com/file/285009806136
For questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at email@example.com or (510) 987-0029.
Below are the submitted proposals. This online tool is searchable to encourage collaboration. To begin, please search through positions that are currently being proposed and contact the submitter if you are interested in collaborating or have questions.
To see proposed ideas that may not or did not move forward to submittal, click the sub page on the side navigation. These ideas may be further developed by later submittal groups.
17 Viticulture Advisor
The Advisor would be primarily responsible for developing a research and extension education program to address high priority production issues in wine and table grapes in San Joaquin County (SJC), including pest, disease and water management.
San Joaquin County
Proposed Area of Coverage
San Joaquin County and southern Sacramento County
- Brent Holtz - Main Contact
- Proposal Document - Embedded (pdf), uploaded 05/22/2018 by Brent Holtz