Criteria for resource allocation
- Is the proposed investment or allocation consistent with ANR Strategic Directions and the Program Planning Advisory Committee (PPAC) priorities?
- Is the proposed investment or allocation likely to make a significant impact?
- Does ANR have a comparative advantage in the programmatic area in question?
- Does ANR have the capacity to make a difference as a consequence of this investment/allocation?
- Will the proposed investment or allocation build on the strengths of ANR?
- Does the proposed investment or allocation further develop ANR capability to address high priority programmatic areas or critical programmatic goals in emerging areas?
- Does the proposed investment or allocation strengthen the research-Extension continuum?
- Does it contribute to the balancing of fundamental and applied research?
- Are out reach opportunities built into research positions?
- Is there an appropriate research base associated with Extension positions?
- Has recommended programming been developed with input from stakeholders?