Mr. Morgan P. Doran
Director, Advisor for Livestock and Natural ResourcesWoodland Administrative Office
70 Cottonwood Street
Woodland, CA 95695
M.S. International Ag Development, UC Davis. 2001
B.A. Business Management, Sonoma State University. 1992
SpecialtyLivestock, beef cattle, sheep, nutrition, range management, irrigated pastures, grazing systems, ranch water quality.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plants and Their Systems
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Management of Range Resources
- Z. Li, Flores (2019). Statewide Cross-Sectional Survey of Cryptosporidium and Giardia in California Cow-Calf Herds. Rangeland Ecology & Management. 72:3, 461-466. May.
- Brownsey, P.; James, J. J. (2017). "Using phenology to optimize timing of mowing and grazing treatments for medusahead (Taeniatherum caput-medusae)." Rangeland Ecology & Management 70(2): 210-218.
- Macon, Daniel K.; Barry, Sheila (2016). "Coping With Drought on California Rangelands." Rangelands 38(4): 222-228.
- James, Jeremy J.; Gornish, Elise S. (2015). "Managing medusahead (Taeniatherum caput-medusae) on rangeland: A meta-analysis of control effects and assessment of stakeholder needs." Rangeland Ecology & Management 68(3): 215-223.
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Targeted grazing for weed control and wildlife management. Determining demand for USDA-inspected beef slaughter in an 18-county region of California. 9. 2011. http://www.cal-ipc.org/symposia/archive/pdf/Cal-IPCProceedings2010Web.pdf
- Tietje, W.; McCreary, D.D. (2011). "Tree shelters and weed control enhance growth and survival of natural blue oak seedlings." California Agriculture 65(4): 192-196.
- Doran, M.P. (2010). Targeted grazing for weed control and wildlife management. Proceedings, California Invasive Plant Council Symposium.
- Becchetti, Theresa; Davy, Josh (2016). Planting desirable grasses to outcompete medusahead. Society for Range Management 69th Annual Meeting, Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Doran, Morgan P.; Davy, Josh (2016). Strategic rangeland nitrogen fertilization for medusahead management. Society for Range Management 69th Annual Meeting, Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Davy, Josh; Doran, Morgan (2015). Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on annual rangeland species composition. 2015 Society for Range Management National Meeting, Sacramento, California.
- Becchetti, T.A.; Stackhouse, J. (2015). Matching livestock production systems and environment. American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, California.
- Brownsey, P.; Barry, S. (2015). Using multi-state modeling to describe optimal treatment windows for medusahead and barbed goatgrass. 2015 Society for Range Management National Meeting, Sacramento, California.
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Determining demand for USDA-inspected beef slaughter in an 18-county region of California. Project summary report. 9. 2011.
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Grazing lands and the conditional discharge waiver: Who, what, when and how? Napa County Farm Bureauâs Grower Advocate newsletter. Fall 2011. 2011. http://www.napafarmbureau.org/images/GAFall_2011_newsletter.pdf
- Erwin, W.; Doran, M.P. (2011). Regional Food Forum Report, Yolo County. Yolo Ag and Food Alliance. 28. 2011. http://aginnovations.org/images/uploads/Yolo_Food_Forum_Report_Feb._2011_Final_.pdf
- Doran, M.P. (2011). Vines and Ovines: Using trained sheep for vineyard floor grazing. Western SARE. 5. 2011. http://mysare.sare.org/mySARE/ProjectReport.aspx?do=viewProj&pn=FW08-315
- Doran, M.P.; Hazeltine, L. (2010). Strategic grazing of alfalfa by sheep in Californiaâ??s Central Valley. 5. 2010. http://cesolano.ucdavis.edu/files/63758.pdf
- Hazeltine, L.; Doran, M.P. (2010). Strategic grazing of alfalfa by sheep in Californiaâs Central Valley. 5. 2010. http://cesolano.ucdavis.edu/files/63758.pdf
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Precision Agriculture - Member
- Weed - Member