New advisor and specialist positions
New Positions FAQ
ANR is soliciting proposals for new advisor and specialist positions. These positions should address critical gaps in ANR’s programmatic and geographic coverage. Proposals must include: a general description of the position; a statement of the relevance to the ANR Strategic Vision; a description of the issues to be addressed (including key extension and research programs); identification of the current ANR continuum and the role this position will play in strengthening/building the continuum; and the support that will be provided. Specific guidelines are outlined in the New ANR Position Template (please see download attachment).
Dates to remember:
Position proposals will be accepted via a Web-based submittal site beginning September 20 and closing on November 15.
- When will the new hiring take place?
- How do the designated representatives submit the proposals?
- I’ve heard that these will be term positions? Is that true?
- We’re working on a position and wanted to know if we should work to get a county director, a workgroup chair, and a Strategic Initiative leader to all submit the same position?
- Who can submit position proposals?
- When must the position proposals be submitted?
- We’re considering submitting a position that doesn’t appear to fit into the four active initiatives. We think this position is critical to sustaining our efforts in a key commodity area. Should we submit it anyway?
- What happens after the proposals are submitted?